“Sherlock…what’re these?” John eyes the bouquet of flowers on the cluttered coffee table suspiciously.
Sherlock Holmes, spinning round in agitation at John’s interruption of his—whatever was he doing at their tiny kitchen counter, anyway?—replies, “Viola, a genus of the angiosperm family Violaceae. Obviously.”
“You could’ve just said that they’re violets,” retorts John irritably before taking a seat at his chair in the living room. After a long shift at the clinic, he wants nothing more than to curl up with the newspaper and just relax—
“Well?” Sherlock’s baritone cuts through John’s daydreams. He sighs.
From behind him, John hears The click-click-click of Sherlock’s pristine shoes on the hardwood floor. The detective lifts his protective goggles to rest on his forehead. “Aren’t you going to ask me what they’re for?”
Flipping through the front-page headlines, John shrugs. “I assumed they’re a part of whatever strange concoction you’re making over there—by the by, if you make anything explode again, you’re paying Mrs. Hudson for the repairs.”
When he receives not a single snide remark in return, John looks up from the newspaper. Sherlock is gazing at him, blue eyes piercing, unwavering. “Sherlock? You okay?”
Sherlock moves to stand in front of John, his arms crossed. “I thought I made it relatively self-explanatory. They’re for you.”
“Well, what’s self-explanatory you to might be—what?” John sputters, standing abruptly, feeling a blush rise to his cheeks.
“I think I made myself clear.” There’s a hint of a smirk on Sherlock’s face, now; he’s reveling in the fact that he’s caught John completely off-guard.
Two can play that game.
John promptly reaches up, yanks the goggles off Sherlock’s head, throws them to the ground, and presses a firm kiss to the other man’s lips. “You don’t need to buy me flowers to prove anything to me, you daft git,” he murmurs after pulling away just enough that he can feel Sherlock’s quickened breath on his face.
“Isn’t that what one is supposed to do? To show affection?”
John smiles, running his hands up Sherlock’s chest to rest on his shoulders. “You just need to be you.”
No, John Watson doesn’t need flowers from Sherlock Holmes. But if every so often finds a violet tucked into the breast pocket of his clinic cloak, or beside his evening cup of tea, he certainly doesn’t complain.
Rule 1: always post the rules. Rule 2: answer the questions the person who tagged you has written and write 11 new ones. Rule 3: tag 11 new people and link them to your post. Rule 4: let them know you’ve tagged them.
1. What’s your favourite thing about yourself? I can make people laugh. Even if it’s because they’re in awe of how completely ridiculous I am. I like that.
2. Who is your idol? In terms of “real life”, my mother. She’s been through a lot and she’s still always there for me and my sister. Otherwise I’d have to say Jennifer Lawrence. She’s my queen.
3. Do you ever want to get married? Personal family experiences have turned me off to the idea of marriage, but as they say, “never say never.”
4. If you were to kill someone, how would you do it and who would you kill? LOL. I’ve actually thought about this and I don’t honestly hate anyone enough that I’d want to end their life. Unless it was someone who’s done bad things to others in their own lives—I’d want to be a killer like Dexter. Kill the killers, y’know?
5. How do you feel about your family? It’s too small, now, and we’ve lost too much.
6. Would you ever send anon hate? God, no. What an immature waste of time.
7. When was the last time that you were sick? A few weeks ago I had a silght cold and cough; nothing too serious.
8. What’s your favourite TV show? THAT’S THE WORST QUESTION YOU COULD POSSIBLY ASK ME. Erm…I guess by default I’ll always say Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but it’s tied with all these other amazing shows like Doctor Who and Sherlock and Merlin, and all the shows I’ve just now started like HBO war dramas and things. Television is a huge part of my life and I ain’t even bovvered.
9. How do you want to die? Painlessly, or for someone I care about.
10. Are you satisfied with your follower count? I’m in awe of my follower count half the time; I don’t deserve this many!
11. What is your ideal significant other like? Able to handle me at my worst. Able to leave me alone when I need it. Genuine, funny, and appreciative of all things ‘nerdy.’ (:
11 NEW QUESTIONS: 1. Where have you always wanted to visit? 2. Pick a fictional character you’d want to spend an entire day with. Why’d you pick this person? 3. Favorite food? 4. Least favorite movie? 5. What’s a word you love to use? 6. What’s your dream job? 7. What is your favorite sweet/candy? 8. When did you first join Tumblr? 9. Which fandom do you most identify with? 10. Favorite color combination? 11. Current favorite song?
And I just wanted to make a post saying that I hope she has a marvelous day, for she definitely deserves all the best. Dani was there when I went through some pretty rough stuff over the summer, and she’s proven to be a really great friend. She’s also a very talented writer and someone who always knows how to make you laugh. I appreciate and cherish her friendship very much; if you haven’t gotten a chance to get to know her, you really should! Follow her, drop her a line with birthday wishes. She’s great. You won’t regret it.
Robert Downey Jr. as Kirk Lazarus as Lincoln Osiris as Sherlock Holmes:
INT: If Lincoln Osiris were on the case, how would he behave? RDJ:[as Lincoln Osiris] Man! Blackwood is getting really on my fucking nerves! What the fuck are these ravens doing all over the place?
RDJ:[as Lincoln Osiris, regarding the naked!Holmes scene] Ma’am, now just chill out, I know what I’m doin’. Now you about to give me something special. How come you didn’t leave any chocolates on the pillow?